Thursday, April 21, 2011

Disney Cast Members get in Free at Typhoon Lagoon

Luckily my husband has some Disney cast member benefits. Right now until June he can get in to Typhoon Lagoon for free and get others in at 50% off admission. We took advantage of the offer last week and had a great time.

Typhoon Lagoon is older than Disney's Blizzard Beach, but it is still a very fun park and there is lots to do. I actually recommend Typoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach if you have problems walking up steps. To get on almost all the rides at Blizzard Beach you have to walk up a bunch of steps.


One of the coolest features of Typhoon Lagoon is it's snorkeling pool. You can snorkel across a huge fresh water tank filled with real sharks and tropical fish.

Then of course is the lazy river and the wave pool. For some reason everyone feels the urge to scream every time the wave is generated. Seriously, it shows up like every 3 minutes and people never get tired of doing it.
 Lazy River


Wave Pool

The best ride there was is the newest ride at Typhoon Lagoon, called Crush'N Gusher. It has three lines, each with different tracks to slide down.

The best tip I can give is to purchase the refillable sports cup.It costs only $10 which for a group of 2 or more, it was worth it if your there all day. They have several soda stations throughout the park that scans the cups and lets you fill them up.

32 comments:

  1. That would be a fun day. My nearest water park is over an hour away, and expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like Blizzard Beach better, but Typhoon Lagoon is way better for relaxing. Bigger Wave pool too. Also, I COMPLETELY agree on the refillable cup. Money well spent on a hot day. Best idea ever Disney, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome, why can't I go on holiday to these cool places haha. Might consider going sometime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a bad perk! Looks like a blast. The water parks around Sacramento suck...

    Following and supporting!

    Yorkie Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never went to the Disney waterparks unfortunately.... Looks like I've missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great discount!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too old for this now but would have loved it a few years ago

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this stuff, I haven't been to a water park for 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, looks like fun. I havent been to a water park since I was a kid (I think it was Raging Waters)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'll have to try that one out when i get a chance on my highschool grad trip

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool, good catch for a husband then. Following.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not been to one of these places in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Makes me want to go back to Disney Land/World!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish I had some discounts like that

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos, makes me get an itch of the travel bug.

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool blog. i remember when i went there with my family a couple years ago. was very cash

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://newhypertech.blogspot.com/

    Hey I have been following your blog for quite sometime and would love feedback on mine from a such an expert blogger and poster.

    I really love all this stuff, I hope you feel the same way about mine.

    Thanks,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks sooo fun there. I remember going to places like that as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Damn I wish I had time/money to go xD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post,

    Hopefully you check out my blog and show some support.

    I look forward to hearing your feedback

    James

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great blog,
    I can't believe I am commneting twice in the same day but this content is unique.

    James

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've only been to Tokyo Disney but loved it,I'm looking forward to checking it out in the states later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I wish my significant other had this type of benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. a typical place for a sweet weekend holiday :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Omg! That looks like so much fun. :( I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete