Friday, March 25, 2011

In need of some expert Yorkie advice

I have 2 problems with 2 different yorkies:

Problem #1
Our summers are very hot here in Florida, so I took my male yorkie to get basically a buzz cut at my local groomer. This was like 1.5 years ago. Now he has trouble growing his hair back especially on his hind legs and back. I've researched this and talked to groomers and vets, they have seen this problem before but have no idea why it happens or how to fix it. I've started him on salmon oil for the past month and I've really noticed no improvement. Anyone else had this issue?

Problem #2
I bought my second yorkie at a pet shop. BAD IDEA! She was in no way potty trained and was used to just going in her little cage in the store. So as you can imagine crate training didn't work because she would go in her crate anyways. So I tried to feed her then take her outside about 5 minutes after. She does nothing outside, but as soon as I bring her inside she goes on the carpet. It is like she is attracted to the carpet. My other yorkie is perfectly trained outside and I take them both out together hoping she would learn the routine...nothing works. I'm running out of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment